Cranfield University

  • Established in 1947 (university since 1969)
  • Cranfield University, for the fifth time in its history, received a prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize. Cranfield is one of only eight institutions to have won the award on five or more occasions.
  • The Research Excellence Framework classes 81% of Cranfield research as world-leading or internationally excellent.
  • The UK's only wholly postgraduate science, technology and management university
  • Students from over 100 countries with 64% from within the EU and the remaining 36% from outside of the EU
  • Staff-to-student ratio at Cranfield – 5:1 – is one of the best of any university in the world.
  • Cranfield has the closest links with business and industry of any university in the UK.
  • The Aerospace Integration Research Centre, a new £35 million innovative aerospace research centre that will change the design of future aircraft, opened in 2017.
  • Cranfield has relationships with around 1,500 companies and organisations including Airbus, Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Unilever, Coca-Cola, and the UK Civil Aviation Authority.



Defence Academy