Australian Master's Degrees
How long does it take to get a master’s degree in Australia?
How much work is involved?
How will the university assess me?
What are the entrance requirements for an Australian master’s?
What paperwork do I need?
- University application form – Your GetSet Counsellor will be able to walk you through the application forms of all the schools to which you are applying in Australia to make sure all the required information is given.
- Degree certificate and transcript – If you did not graduate from university but have work experience it may be possible to apply to some universities with other qualifications. GetSet staff will know at which Australian institutions this will be possible.
- Statement of purpose – Don’t worry about that, we can walk you through this.
- Two references – A reference is a letter from a relevant person who knows you and can attest to your character, skills and experience. Get one from your employer and one from your most-recent place of study. If you do not have any work experience, provide two academic references.
- IELTS/TOEFL certificate – Most universities allow you to send this at a later date if you don’t have it when you send your application. We can check this out for you.
- Portfolio – If you are applying for an art or design course you must provide a portfolio with at least ten pieces of your own work.
- Unlike the USA, most Australian universities don’t require GMAT or GRE for admission to a master’s degree program.