The GetSet Pre-university Service
GetSet’s face-to-face counselling will help you select the institution that best meets your requirements if it is a Foundation course in the UK or a Pathway program in the United States you need to get you qualified for university entry. We can also work with you once you have an offer of a place on your chosen course. GetSet’s counsellors have all lived and studied overseas. Our professional counsellors dispense well-informed, independent advice with your interests in mind and our feedback from students is testimony to this.
- Free English level testing
- If necessary, we will get you enrolled an English language course before joining your foundation course.
- Paperwork – yuck! Relax, we’ll do it for you. Administration forms are time-consuming and can be confusing, especially when they’re not written in your native language. GetSet’s ever-thoughtful staff will handle this chore for you. Leave them with us or, if you have time, sit down and we’ll go through it with you.
- Peruse our extensive library. We have brochures, pamphlets, prospectuses and course books. We have material on all Foundation or Pathway programmes in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand – to check them out, come on in.
- While you’re in the office, we can help out with your supporting documentation, your personal statement and references. We will let you know how to package this information so that you present your goals, skills and experiences in the very best possible way for a UK academic audience.
- Native English speakers will edit your personal statement and references where necessary – do not underestimate the value of this service which can make all the difference for your application.
- We will send your paperwork and keep you posted on what stage your application is at.
- We will handle all communication with the school on your behalf.
- We’ll give you useful, up-to-date advice on accommodation in the area where you’ll be studying and how to get in on college housing if it is available.
- No visa? No ticket? No problem. We can sort those out for you too. GetSet can fill out your visa application for you, organise your plane ticket and arrange an airport pickup to convey you to your new home overseas.
- Our pre-departure briefing includes a free international student ID card and your personal copy of GetSet’s pre-departure guide.
Contact us and we’ll find a suitable institution for you, based on your criteria.