Pre-University Campus Partnerships

Lots of private organisations have become established, in partnership with universities on campus, to deliver programmes to get students qualified for academic study on a university course.

The courses offered provide entry onto the first or second year of an undergraduate degree programme and also preparation for postgraduate study.

Some of them also provide English courses.

In this section we explain the differences in the various courses offered by pre university organisations and the reasons for choosing this type of school as a pathway to your study success.

Why Study at a University On-Campus partner?

Guaranteed progression onto a partner university course on successful completion of your chosen pathway course.

Experience University life as a fully integrated university student on campus with full use of all the partner university facilities.

The courses are tailor made for international students and there is plenty of English support to get you through and prepare you for academic study at a UK, US, Canadian or Australian university.

What courses are on offer?

International First Year – the name varies depending on where you study but essentially this is the first year of university study provided on campus by the university’s pathway provider. Successful completion leads to 2nd year entry at the partner university. International first year is mostly available in the USA and Canada

Foundation courses – Successful completion of this course will get you into the first year of university at the partner university. A foundation course can be completed in a year rather than the two years needed for A-levels in the UK.

Diploma – A one year course that on successful completion leads to second year entry of an undergraduate degree. This course is available in the UK, Australia and New Zealand and is similar to the International First Year offered by American and Canadian pathway providers.

Pre Masters – Helps you prepare for a masters degree if you are changing your subject area, need to improve your English or you want to be more confident when you start your masters course. Pre-Masters are offeres by UK, USA, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand pathway providers

Graduate Diploma – This is a one year course for students that aren’t quite academically qualified for entry to a masters course. Mostly offered by UK and Australian pathway providers.